Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,500 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities.
If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now at jobs.draper.com
Ability to obtain a government security clearance is required for this position. Only United States citizens can apply.
The individual will be deployed on one or more projects as a QA lead whose primary responsibility is to assure development processes are followed, and products (system, software, and hardware) are developed and delivered in compliance with the projectâ s customer-imposed standards in the context of the company's organizational practice. This is accomplished in several ways:
- Writing QA plans and task statements for each project engagement,
- Performing periodic process and/or product audits throughout the development life cycle
- Witnessing system and/or software testing
- Participating in technical reviews as compliance auditor or, in some cases, a subject matter expert.
- Performing or directing various other Quality Engineering responsibilities
As a member of the QA team, the individual will also be responsible for the development, maintenance, and improvement of organizational QA procedures and tools.
The QA team is part of a larger Product Assurance organization that provides a variety of other assurance-related services including: project planning support, organizational process development, independent testing, software build verification, and participating in, or moderating, peer reviews. Practical experience in any of these areas would be a plus.
- B.S degree in an engineering discipline (Computer/Software Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or Systems Engineering experience preferred)
- 5+ years practical experience in engineering or quality
- Proficiency in quality systems is desirable along with demonstrated skills in leading process and productivity improvements using ISO & CMMI compliant processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or protected veteran status. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture.